Award Judging Spreadsheet
The Award Judging Spreadsheet was written by
Charles Gura to help make the judging process easier and faster. This
spreadsheet will total all
the scores from the judges and display the final results. However, the
results must be manually reviewed so no single scout wins more than one
from the different categories. If a scout wins in multiple categories
will receive the highest ranking award and his ranking in the other
categories are removed.
This spreadsheet will allow for up to 10 judging categories
and 6 judges.
Steps to run spreadsheet:
Note: Macros must be enabled to run spreadsheet.
- Click on ‘Category’ tab at bottom of spreadsheet
- Enter the judging categories for the derby in the ‘Category
Title’ column. Both scout and outlaw categories can be assigned on
this spreadsheet (i.e. scouts can be assigned categories 1-5 and outlaw
categories 7-10). Any of the 10 category entries that are not used select
‘No’ in the ‘Use Category’ column. \
Note: The Rank and Points table
at the bottom lists the values earned for each ranking assigned during the
judging. The spreadsheet will automatically tally up the numbers. The point
system can be changed to other values if wanted.
- Click on the ‘Entries’ tab at bottom of
- Enter the scouts’ names with respect to their derby
number. This information can be obtained from the person running
registration. If possible this table can be entered prior to the derby if
derby numbers are assigned before the event.
- Handout Judging Sheets for the judges. These can be
printed from the ‘Printable Judge’ tab or the derby packet has
other judging forms. The spreadsheet allows for 6 judges.
- After the judges have made their entries collect all their
- For each judge select a ‘Judge’ tab and enter their
results in the table.
- Click on ‘Results’ tab to tally up results. Click
on the category name at the top of the column and the results will be
totaled for that category. Repeat for other categories.
- After the results have been totaled, review the results to
make sure no scout has won more then once. If a scout has won in multiple
categories the scout will receive the highest ranking award and his
ranking in the other award categories are to be removed or scratched off.